Associate, Credit & Public Equity Clients
Third Bridge is a market-leading investment research firm. We provide integrated solutions for the world’s top investors and business leaders to help them make smarter and faster decisions. No other company in the world provides the same holistic investment offering: our superpower is the combination of human insights and unique investor-led content with a global expert network. We serve over 1,000 investment firms, offering clients 24/7 coverage through our team of 1,300+ employees located across eight offices.
This role is in our Funds business, specifically working with our Public Equities & Credit clients.
Public Equities & Credit is a fast-growing, fast-paced, performance driven environment. As an Associate, you’ll be the person driving revenue by enabling our clients to connect to the industry experts that will help them. After your initial training period, where you’ll hone your skills targeting, sourcing and screening relevant industry specialists, you’ll start directly managing your own book of business. You’ll spend much of your time on the phone, both with your clients, to unpick what they need from an expert, and with industry specialists, to find the perfect match. Ultimately, it’s about uncovering what our clients need, and digging deep to find out whether the experts we identify know the answers to the questions our clients want to ask.
- Understand Public Equity & Credits client needs and the most relevant experts that could help them.
- Deliver excellent client service by being a fast, responsive, thoughtful and proactive research partner.
- Engage with industry experts for our clients by reaching out over the phone to understand whether they are the right fit.
- Negotiate and persuade experts to connect with our clients at short notice, scheduling calls as soon as possible, whilst operating within our industry leading compliance framework.
- After 4-5 months you’ll be driving the long-term performance of your book of business, by understanding the clients’ research needs and monitoring how our content can best help them on a continual basis.
We are committed to helping everyone at Third Bridge grow and develop, this starts from day 1 and continues throughout your career. Our comprehensive onboarding program includes both classroom-based and on-the-job learning that will teach you the fundamentals of our business, how our clients think, how to sell our value proposition to secure experts and how to explore a multitude of industry sectors in order to provide an excellent service to our clients.
You will also learn how to identify industry experts as well as developing your communication skills to engage with industry specialists/senior professionals over the phone.
Typically, but not exclusively, after 4 to 6 months in your Third Bridge journey you will have mastered Specialist Management, you will then progress to our Client Engagement Learning Programme to take on client relationship building and project management responsibilities. You’ll learn how to engage with investor and management consulting clients, drive business results and lead project delivery teams.
The next step in your Third Bridge career could be:
Your promotion to a Senior Associate is based on achievement against performance goals. At this point, you will have the opportunity to choose your career track: either;
- Manager Track, where you start our Emerging Leaders program to develop your leadership skills and have the opportunity to apply for a Manager role.
- Client Development Track, where you will continue to hone your client engagement skills and unlock greater bonus earning potential.
In your first year, you will sharpen your skills in...
Relationship Building: increase your network and build relationships with Public Equity & Credit clients and industry experts by delivering a high-end customer experience throughout.
Account Growth: Understanding the Public Equity & Credit client workflow and their long-term investment strategies, enabling you to be proactive and grow overall account performance.
Commercial Acumen: understand and navigate corporate structures, sector value chains, and key stakeholders. Learn to identify key drivers and dynamics to understand your client’s knowledge gaps and engage with industry experts. Gain an introduction to the world of investment and how decision makers in this field think.
Sales effectiveness to develop your Persuasion and Negotiation: learn how to effectively pitch to senior industry executives, persuade them to engage with clients and negotiate terms. You’ll also learn how to persuade your clients to speak with the experts you know would be a great fit to support their research.
Time Management: execute on multiple projects at a given time, manage competing priorities and changing client requests. Prioritisation and context switching are key in order to handle the fast-paced environment we operate in.
Stakeholder Management: sharpen your interpersonal skills as you collaborate with others to share knowledge and develop sourcing strategies when executing on client requests.
What we look for:
- The work is fast-paced – you will be working on multiple requests each day, with tight timelines and high standards so you’ll need to organise your time well, have great attention to detail and adhere to our compliance framework.
- You’ll be responsible for building relationships with our Public Equities clients as well as a wide variety of industry experts across different industries and seniority levels, so you need to have great communications skills (both written and verbal) and be able to adapt your communication style effectively.
- Your projects will span a wide variety of industries and geographies which you will need to understand at a high level. It’s important that you enjoy learning, are able to quickly understand key information and use this to find the right result for each project.
- An interest in financial markets and the environment that our Public Equities clients operate in. Keeping up with their direction of research, which may require continual and frequent projects.
- Our services are in high demand and we all work to targets so we need people who are excited by a hands-on, high performing and results-oriented role and who are driven to exceed expectations for our clients.
- Teamwork is essential - you’ll be collaborating with colleagues locally and internationally when executing on projects.
- With a culture centred around feedback and open communication, we look for people who are open to continuous professional development.
- Salary: Competitive base salary of $70,000 with access to our uncapped bonus scheme after just 1 month. Plus an increase of $5,000 on your base salary on your 12 month anniversary.
- In Year 1, an average performer can expect to earn at least $80,000 OTE but our top performers make more!
- Vacation: 15 days (which increases to 20 days after 2 years of service) plus US Holidays
- Learning: personal development allowance of $1,150 per year
- Health and wellbeing: a variety of insurance plans, including health coverage by Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - Medical Insurance, Dental insurance and Vision plan, plus a personal HSA (Health Saving Account) and Medical FSA (Flexible Spending Account). And also a variety of health and wellbeing events to focus on mental health.
- Future and family: 401K matching up to 5% of your base salary, life insurance, a longterm disability policy dependent care FSA and pet insurance
- Flexibility: work from anywhere for one month per year, 2 annual volunteer days, 2 personal days when life throws you a curveball and 'Summer Fridays'
- Rewards: get points through our colleague-to-colleague recognition programme to spend on hotels, gift cards, donations to charity and more
- Social: weekly optional social gatherings, daily breakfast and snacks, social events
- ESG: CSR, Environment and Diversity & Inclusion (including Women at Third Bridge, Pride and Blkbridge)
- Frontline Innovation: your chance to share your ideas for improvement through Hackathons and other events