Associate - 2023 July Start (Night Shift)
Mumbai, MH, IndiaApply for this role
Associate - 2023 July Start (Night Shift)
Our Connections team is built on a single idea. To create a fast-growing, performance-driven product that helps fuel faster and smarter investment decisions.
Our India office is located in Mumbai, the commercial capital of India and centrally located to the railway station, sea link, and the upcoming metro stations and coastal road! Take a break away from the office to explore the local food court, coffee shops and recreational areas with colleagues and friends.
Third Bridge are proud to be the leaders of our industry, our innovation has brought new and better ways of working to the primary research world. We’ve grown by providing the best service, being the best networkers and by hiring the best people for our global business. If you’re commercially minded with a desire to make an impact through your performance then we can offer you the support to reach your full potential.
Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions.
To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights – we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 1200 employees located across seven global offices.
Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market, with double digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest growing companies.
Third Bridge Connections finds and connects industry specialists, who can offer unique insights into companies and markets, to our clients. To an investor who is looking for information to steer a deal-making decision, there is nothing more powerful than the knowledge that is locked up inside people’s heads.
Connections is a fast-growing, fast-paced, performance driven environment. Our Associates target, source and screen relevant industry specialists, and then connect them with our clients to help them make better informed business decisions. As a client focused company, our client’s needs drive our work and as an Associate, you can expect to work on multiple requests that span a wide range of industries and geographies on any given day. It’s a sales-oriented role where you’ll spend most of your time connecting to relevant experts, persuading them to commit to speaking with our clients - it’s all about human connections and insights!
- Conduct a cursory review of industries in order to understand the gaps in our clients’ knowledge and identify the most relevant individuals to take part in 1:1 consultations with our clients. (Relevant experts are often C-level executives working at the heart of their industries.)
- Make calls to relevant experts to explain the opportunity and persuade them to take part in a consultation with our client.
- Negotiate terms for, and setting up, the consultation - scheduling, contracts, compliance requirements.
- Building, developing and strengthening relationships with existing Third Bridge industry contacts and building new relationships with experts you have identified.
What we look for:
- Motivated by results: The work is fast-paced – you will be working on multiple requests each day, with tight timelines and high standards so you’ll need to organise your time well, have great attention to detail and adhere to our compliance framework.
- Inquisitive: Your projects will span a wide variety of industries and geographies which you will need to understand at a high level. It’s important that you enjoy learning, are able to quickly understand key information and use this to find the right experts for each project.
- Target driven: Our services are in high demand and we all work to targets so we need people who are excited by a hands-on, high performing and results-oriented role and who are driven to exceed expectations for our clients.
- Relationship builder: You’ll have a chance to build relationships with a wide variety of industry experts across different industries and seniority levels so you need to have great communications skills (both written and verbal) and be able to adapt your communication style effectively.
- Team work: As part of a global team, teamwork is essential - you’ll be collaborating with colleagues locally and internationally when executing on projects. Our culture is centred around feedback and open communication, we look for people who are open to continuous professional development.
- We are committed to helping everyone at Third Bridge grow and develop, this starts from day 1 and continues throughout your career. Our comprehensive onboarding program includes both classroom-based and on-the-job learning that will teach you the fundamentals of our business, how our clients think, how to identify industry experts and how to sell our value proposition to secure experts.
- Typically, but not exclusively, after 4 to 6 months in our Program you will have mastered Specialist Management, you will then progress to our Client Engagement Learning Programme and take on additional client engagement and project management responsibilities. You’ll learn how to engage with investor and management consulting clients, drive business results and lead project delivery teams.
The next step in your Third Bridge career could be:
- Your promotion to a Senior Associate is based on achievement against performance goals. At this point, you will have the opportunity to choose your career track: either;
- Manager Track, where you start our Emerging Leaders program to develop your leadership skills and have the opportunity to apply for a Connections Manager role
- Individual Contributor track, where you will continue to hone your client engagement skills and unlock greater bonus earning potential.
In your first year, you will sharpen your skills in...
- Business Acumen: understand and navigate corporate structures, sector value chains, and key stakeholders. Learn to identify key drivers and dynamics to understand your client's knowledge gaps and engage with industry experts. Gain an introduction to the world of investment and how decision makers in this field think
- Persuasion and Negotiation: learn how to effectively pitch to senior industry executives, persuade them to engage with clients and negotiate terms
- Relationship Building: increase your network and build relationships with clients and industry experts by delivering a high-end customer experience throughout
- Time Management: execute on multiple projects at a given time, manage competing priorities and changing client requests. Prioritisation and context switching are key in order to handle the fast-paced environment we operate in
- Stakeholder Management: sharpen your interpersonal skills as you collaborate with others to share knowledge and develop sourcing strategies when executing on client requests
What we look for
- Individuals who will thrive in a hands-on, high performing role with a focus on results
- Strong academic credentials and/or experience in a customer focused role
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail, even under pressure in order to adhere to our compliance framework and high-quality standards
- The ability and drive to go above and beyond for our clients to exceed their expectations
- With a culture centered around feedback and open communication, we look for people who are open to continuous professional development
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Can start immediately on April 3, 2023.
What can you expect
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- 15 days PTO in addition to bank holidays
- 2 personal days off a year for wellbeing
- 2 days’ off per year for community/corporate responsibility activity
- Flexible career and development path, with opportunities to gain a wide range of transferable skills
- Beverages and snacks provided in the office
- Medical insurance
- Employee Provident Fund
- A yearly People Development Allowance which can be used for study support
The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the country they are applying for.
We know that to be truly innovative, we need to have a diverse team around us. That is why Third Bridge is committed to creating an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you are not 100% sure if you are right for the role, please apply anyway and we will be happy to consider your application